The Creature Feature gimmick was as elementary as its target demographic. Black and white stills from old Universal Pictures horror films were given ridiculous dialogue captions. You can almost hear the rimshots, right?
But no matter. If Topps had left the backs of the cards blank, it would have done little to diminish the winning formula they had applied to the front. Firstly, an economy of design made the layout stand out from every other trading card series, sports-related or otherwise. There were no splashy graphics, nor even a hint of color. Each card was dominated by its movie still, which was framed by a thin, white border. Thus, the viewer was immediately hit with the full visceral impact of the photo, which was sometimes campy but just as often gruesome.
- MONSTER BRAINS: Jack Davis Illustrated "You'll Die Laughing" Topps trading cards, ;
- I Like War.
- Stories of the Easter Bunny.
- Towing Icebergs, Falling Dominoes, and Other Adventures in Applied Mathematics (Princeton Puzzlers).
- Vegetarian Cooking: Choi Pong Hai (Scrambled Egg Whites in Chinese Style) (Vegetarian Cooking - Vegetables with Dairy Product, Egg or Honey Book 23).
- The Vintage Dog Scrapbook - The Whippet;
Then, a beat later, came a line of disarmingly silly dialogue. Unlike the stale jokes on the reverse, the ridiculous captions juxtaposed with frightening images could definitely elicit a laugh. If you were the right age, this was a seductive combination. The images are strange and disturbing, but then so is much of the world to a young mind.
You'll Die Laughing | eBay
Unbeknownst to me at the time, the back cover art that framed the bad jokes was a vestige from a previous Topps series. The Creature Feature cards are a comedic improvement over the Funny Monsters simply because the images were never intended to be enjoyed for laughs, and that adds a delicious element of subversion to the endeavor. In the end, though, the funniest thing about Creature Feature cards may be a subtle touch that went unnoticed by consumers.
Monster faces were left unaltered. Yves invites eleven has been comics to his island lodge off the Canadian coast to audition for the central in role his new TV series.
You'll Die Laughing
It's an opportunity to die for Shortly after arriving, the comics find they are stranded along with t…. No account yet? Create one.
- Social Change and Cultural Continuity among Native Nations (Contemporary Native American Communities);
- Fishing, For 8 Years?
- About Face?
- Topps You'll Die Laughing Trading Cards Checklist, Set Info, More!
- Qwillerans Short and Tall Tales (Jim Qwilleran Feline Whodunnit Book 29)!
- "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" You'll Die Laughing (TV Episode ) - IMDb!
- Patio Planters & Vertical Gardening: Designs & Wood Working Plans Ideas for Organic Gardening & Urban Gardening.
Paul Foster. Kristin Shepherd. Anne Washburn. Sears, Jack Sharkey. Leo W. Sears , Jack Sharkey. Jason Grote. Kevin Kling. Fred Ballard , Mignon G.
1 comment on "You’ll Die Laughing…Or Not"
Ron Clark. Louis del Grande. Neil Simon.
- 19 Tweets From This Week I Guarantee You'll Die Laughing At.
- YOU'LL DIE LAUGHING!
- Die Laughing for sale | eBay.
- 1973 Topps You'll Die Laughing!
- 1959 Topps / Bubbles Inc You'll Die Laughing.
Evan Linder , Andrew Hobgood. Bob Randall. You Could Die Laughing!